Hello! I’m Kelly, a 30-something Canadian, teacher, wife, and mummy of two. To flesh me out a little more, I have created this handy list of factual tidbits:
Some Things To Know About Me
1) I eat carbs with reckless abandon.
2) I am, quite possibly, addicted to buying new bedding and throw cushions. My husband has threatened to leave me because of it.
3) I’m an only child. Draw whatever conclusions you like.
4) I love all animals, and therefore I don’t eat them.
5) If I ever won gobs of money, I would retire from teaching and become a professional student. Some of the designations I would pursue include chef, make-up artist, marine biologist, mechanic, interior designer, barista (yes, like at Starbucks!), TV show producer, personal trainer, and nail polish namer (you probably don’t have to go to school for the last one, come to think of it…).
6) A few years ago, I went from thinking runners were a strange cult of people to running a half-marathon myself. I drank the Kool-Aid.
7) I hyperventilate a little in disorganized spaces.
8) I’m a ‘military brat’. I credit my nomadic tendencies as an adult to my transitional upbringing, and I wouldn’t change it for the world (even though craving change all the time isn’t always convenient or realistic).
9) I have been an elementary school teacher since 2002. I love what I do, but I’m worried about our education system. It needs an overhaul.
10) I became a mother for the first time in August 2015 to the sweetest little guy, and I’m excited to say we welcomed our beautiful daughter in late February 2018. Let the chaos